This is an article from Princeton University on what Men & Woman should wear specifically to an interview.
Overall It was Tips on How to dress.
- Err Conversative:
- Be Neutral: Colors such as black, gray, beige, or white
- Make it a match: Match your footwear. It is said shoes make the outfit for a reason.
- Dust off your iron: Clothes should be clean and pressed every time.
- Be Polished: Scuffed shoes, small stains, and other issues will stand out.
- Watch Hemlines.
(Men) Tie should go to your belt. Shirt sleeves should extend about a half inch beyond your jacket.
(Women) Avoid low-cut blouses. Do not have your skirt more than an inch or too above the knee.
Unrelated to attire, the website also provided other information. Including a 7-Step Prep plan:
- Research the organization
- Compare your skills and qualifications to the job requirements.
- Prepare responses
- Plan what to wear
- Plan what to bring
- Pay attention to non-verbal communication
- Follow up.